Where Children Achieve Excellence
Tokomaru School is committed to empowering students to achieve personal excellence in a learning culture that equips them for an evolving world.
Pillars of Learning for a successful Graduate Learner
Literacy and Numeracy – Our Graduate Learners will be literate, numerate and apply their learning in their world to reach their potential.
Goal Setting – Our Graduate Learners will be self-motivated, set goals, manage and value their learning.
Questioning – Our Graduate Learners will inquire, ask questions and think for themselves as independent learners.
Manakitanga – Our Graduate Learners will demonstrate care for self and others in their interactions with their learning environment.
The World – Our Graduate Learners will be respectful, engaging of, inquires into and is aware of other cultures and global issues.
Ownership – Our Graduate Learners will have the power to act, have a sense of ownership and be the one’s executing and controlling their actions.
- We respect and treat others how we like to be treated ourselves.
- We care for property and the environment.
- We respect the right to have an education.
- We understand knowledge is power.
- We know questioning drives learning.
- We realise goals guide learning.
- We seek independent thinking.
- We follow great role models.
- We celebrate our academic, sporting, cultural and personal successes.
- We love learning and knowledge.
- We welcome others to our school.
Honesty Respect Responsibility Perseverance